Could you help someone learn how to send emails or Skype their family in other parts of the country? Could you help someone apply for a job on-line? One hour/week could make a huge difference to them.
Volunteering is a tangible way of making a real contribution to your local community and to people’s lives. At ReCOM we’ve built our training projects and clubs around volunteers and they are vital to our work
We currently have volunteering opportunities in the following areas:
- Silver Surfer courses – assisting our professional IT trainers with teaching and supporting students using laptops
- Tablet workshops – helping people get the most out of their Tablets
- IT@Home – acting as “buddies” to help people start to use their laptops or tablets in their own homes
- Helping Job Seekers get on-line as part of our Access IT for Employment programme
- Computer installation and support – ad hoc opportunities to assist clients to set up their PCs, install the internet or trouble shoot a problem.
Our volunteers get great pleasure and satisfaction from sharing their skills and meeting new people. Many learn new skills themselves and find volunteering a great talking point.
Download your volunteer form – complete and send to ReCOM at:
348A Gospel Lane, Olton, Solihull, B27 7AJ.
This can be downloaded in either Microsoft Word or PDF Adobe Acrobat.