Thanks to Comic Relief and Heart of England Community Foundation, ReCOM is launching a new project this Spring based at the Citizens Advice centre in Chelmsley Wood. Called ‘Access IT – Save Time & Money’, its aim is to improve basic IT skills to help local residents:
- gain economic benefits from being online (e.g. cheaper fuel, comparative shopping)
- access on-line services and support (e.g. Money Advice sites, applying for school places)
- manage their own affairs (e.g. creating budget spread sheets)
We’ll be offering FREE training and support tailored to individuals’ needs. It will be relevant to the theme of enabling people to save time and money e.g.
- Learning how to complete on-line forms
- Finding out how to do internet searches ( eg compare prices and get the best deal)
- Setting up an email account and using it to manage services on line (eg utilities)
- Getting to grips with spread sheets to manage spending and saving
- Raising awareness of Freecycle, buying and selling on eBAY etc.
If you would like to know more please call us on 0121 663 0335.