ReCOM is a forward thinking charity which is helping people get on-line in the UK. Being IT literate is essential to participating fully in today’s society; 77% of jobs require some form of IT skill, more and more government services are offered on line, using the internet is now the norm for keeping in touch with people, low cost shopping etc. Yet many are still missing out; those most likely to be ‘digitally excluded’ are older people, manual workers, lower income households, and people with disabilities. We are dedicated to bridging this gap in our local community.
We help the disabled and disadvantaged enhance their lives by providing access to information technology through:
- affordable refurbished laptops available to charities, community groups and individuals across the country
- training programmes in the Solihull and Birmingham area
For 2016 we have some fantastic support available in Solihull to help you get on-line:
- Access IT for Jobseekers is available at three libraries across Solihull
- Our ever popular Silver Surfers programme now includes Tablet courses
Can you help?
To enable us to supply affordable refurbished laptops we need donations of working equipment to help people with disabilities get on-line.
If you have a laptop or tablet that you would like to donate then please:
- call us on 0121 663 0335
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please help us make a difference and support our work at localgiving.com.